Sunday, April 19, 2015

Finviz Scans

Scanning in my opinion is one of the most important aspect of planning thus of your trading. I remember when I did not run scans. I woke up in the morning and looked at the pre market movers and planned my trades from those. Although pre market movers is a great trading niche, it is not what a beginner should be focused on. It makes one believe that trading doesnt require much planning and that my friends is a big mistake. Today I am going to share with you guys and gals who are reading this my nightly scans. This is how i filter out what i will be looking at the next day. From these scans, which is step 1, I come up with my plan for each individual stock. So to keep this post straight to the point. Here are my scans with a brief explanation

Finviz scan 1- broader scan which you can run either once a week or everyday if you choose to. It is composed of an avg volume of 500k at least. Daily volume of 750k ( for that day) Mid cap and below. Average true range of .50cents mover per day and i believe over 3$

http://finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=341&f=cap_midunder,sh_avgvol_o500,sh_curvol_o750,sh_price_5to50,ta_averagetruerange_o0.5&ta=0&o=-volume

Finviz scan 2- This one is a 4% up mover for the day. It is one that should be done everyday to check for the big movers of the day and stocks that are in play. This will help you find the best long set ups, red to green moves or if they are extended some great short set ups

http://finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=341&f=sh_avgvol_o300,sh_curvol_o750,sh_price_o3,ta_change_u4,ta_changeopen_u&ft=3&ta=0&o=-volume

Finviz scan 3- This one I usually run when the market is in a downtrend phase and will help me find nice short set ups or green to red, as well as overextended shorts for a nice bounce move

http://finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=341&f=sh_avgvol_o300,sh_curvol_o750,sh_price_o3,ta_change_d4,ta_changeopen_d&ft=3&ta=0&o=-volume

So there you have it. These are the scans i run on a daily basis to find the best stocks possible for trading the next day. Remember this is only step 1. It is of utmost importance to have a well established routine every day to begin seeing progress in your trading and your life

1 comment:

  1. If you don't mind, Do you have a few reliable Daytrading tactics you use to Enter and exit a trade..

    ReplyDelete